Friday, July 16, 2010


Hey there,

I`ve been thinking about starting a blog for a long time now. I initially planned on doing one during my pilot training and ground studies but I then decided it might be a bit boring. Don`t get me wrong not the pilot training is boring, it`s acutally very exciting but I decided writing or especially reading about it would be no match compared to all those awesome airliner blogs out there.
I recently finished my training and will soon be starting my ATR typerating so I thought now might be a good time to attempt starting a blog ;-)
After the rating I will be flying mainly cargo on night routes througout europe, hence the blog name, and I hope I might be able to present a different but still interesting "pilots life" on this blog.
I would love to get some feedback, postive or negative on this idea!

best regards

junior freight dog

2 comments:

  1. Jr. Freight Dawg,

    I was a dawg too many years ago and very much enjoyed the adventure of plying America's dark sky's from sunset to sunrise. We flew in old 727-100's once owned by a very proud, Texas based Braniff Airways. They leaked fuel and oil, pressurization too and kept a newly designated flight engineer on his toes. They taught me complex aircraft systems, how to work with a crew (CRM) and introduced me to parts of America on layovers that I'd only read about. Where many disdained the "third seat" I enjoyed learning my lessons from my seniors who had mastered the craft and willingly showed me the way. Carry your camera, document your career, soak it all in and then you can pass along all that you've learned to the next group to follow. Your hands are but the latest in a long line of aviators to caress your throttles, guide your machine and exercise the rights and privileges of an airman.

    Let me know when you've a dozen stories of so on your blog and I'll note it in my blog and steer some traffic in your direction. In the month of August I'm fortunate to be able to spend four layovers in Frankfurt.

    Guten Morgen,
    Auf wiedersehen

    Rand

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rand,
    thanks for that great reply!
    I will absolutely do that!
    Enjoy Frankfurt, if you need tipps on what to do and see, let me know ;-)

    take care

    ReplyDelete