Friday, October 29, 2010

Sunrise



Life on the line… BEGINS!

Yes I`m done with the type rating and base training and after lots of paperwork I finally can really start!

Of course for the first few legs (40 to be exact) I´ll be flying together with a sort of instructor or more correctly “training captain”. They´re supposed to help me start in the normal ops and also guide and teach where necessary. But as mentioned above this part of my training will be done on the normal flights, so carrying passengers or cargo across Europe.

One of my first flights took me east to Sofia, Bulgaria. We took off early in the morning and so we were treated with a magnificent sunrise over Austria.












I´ve been able to see lots of sunsets during my training flights but never a sunrise in the air. So If I recall correctly this was my second sunrise I´ve seen from the cockpit, the first one long ago when was still a small kid dreaming of becoming a pilot. Flying with my family I was allowed to visit the cockpit on a Qantas 767 just as the sun started to rise, somehow that stuck in memory…

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment